ABC's of new literacy

Thursday, November 09, 2006

V is for Video Games!
Video games are used more and more to promote learning. Educational games like Leap Frog and V-tech are available for children starting as early as a few months. Educationaly-based video games are used in schools from pre-school to college. Even companies are using some form a video game when doing training!
I am still not sure how much video game is too much. Everything in moderation I guess. My four and five year olds know how to use those game controllers and I have no idea!

Here is a blog testimonial from a mom of a 12 year old boy http://www.huffingtonpost.com/danielle-crittenden/why-your-kids-should-play_b_32365.html

1 Comments:

  • I use a leap frog toy with my two year old daughter. I have been teaching her her shapes and this interactive toy asks her to find a specific shape and when she does it claps for her, if she is incorrect it tells her to try again. She loves it.

    By Blogger Hilary V., at 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home